Knitting possibilities are endless.
As knitting trends continue in the fashion world, they seem to follow us straight to our homes. Say goodbye to the old school afghans and baby blankets, and hello to lamp shades, slippers, coffee mugs, and cabled pillows. Here are 10 funky and fashionable ideas for your home, not to mention fabulous gifts. (Don’t forget Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are right around the corner.)
1. Twist Collective, An online knitting magazine- Knitting Lamp Shades. Fabulous for summer.
2.WhiteRidge Crafts- Felted Bowls. Handmade and Useful. Can’t beat that.
3. CB2– An off shoot of Crate and Barrel. Fun, Functional, and Fabulous Knitted Poufs. Might make more sense to buy them but great inspiration! check this out for a free pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/puff-daddy.
4. Claire Anne O’Brian– Textile Designer. Again not necessarily your typical hand knitting, but inspiration for those old stools and chairs with worn out covers.
6. Home Knits: Luxurious Handknits for Every Room of the House. Fab book with patterns from window curtains to napkin rings.
7. Felted Rugs– Take that old wool and knit and knit and knit, then just wash it. Lay it flat… by the back door.
9. Quince and Co. Market Bag. For your trips to the supermarket, farmers market, or young designers market.
10. Yarn Globes– Fun project that everyone will want. Decorate your porch, living room, or attic. Great for PARTIES.